Wednesday, January 9, 2008

You were unsupervised for approximately 8 minutes this morning--a non-consecutive 8 minutes, might I add--while I brushed my teeth, took the most ineffective shower short of just Swiffering myself (not a euphemism...), and started a load of my OWN laundry (which has not been done in two weeks, explaining why I've worn this same "Ghost in the Machine" t-shirt long enough to completely obscure Stewart Copeland's face beneath a layer of Iams Puppy Food Flav-A-Gravy and my own endless tears).

So, my precious Destructo-Beast...how did you find time to shit behind the entertainment center (on the surge protector, for max sanitation difficulty), shred US Weekly into a pile of Kitson-colored ribbons, and break a piece of Jonathan Adler pottery--the ONE decorative item I own that was not purchased on a clearance endcap at Target?

Clearly in order for us to work, I need either a Boxer-sized Baby Bjorn or a studio audience to console me with their synchronized "awwwwww" sounds as I'm wondering how far I can push a paper towel into the electrical outlet without having to use the "burn victim" tag in future posts.

2 comments:

alice said...

I love your blog. What piece of Jonathan Adler pottery did he break?

J-Money said...

Thank you! And today's casualty was the Whale Pitcher, now renamed as the Amorphous White Blob That Was Hastily Reassembled With A Glue Stik and The White Nail Polish From a Previously Unopened French Manicure Set.

Try finding that in Dwell.